Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reflection..conformity vs. individuality

Well I would say the images represent conformity vs. individuality in many ways..also they tell a story. For example in my visual essay the pictures compare conformity and individuality. The first picture starts out with what a conformity is...conformity, acting according to certain accepted standard..so in my first picture I decided to put a weird painting because it kind of in away represents confusion..loneliness because since you are a follower (in which it was also represented by the picture of the world and people following a person...) when you become independent you may not know what to do and so feel lost..and lonely. Another picture I choose that helped demonstrate conformity is a picture of I think a person that is holding a sign that says, "who am I..what am I", that connects to the theme because since your well in away the product of society you will not have your own identify but the identity of what other people have told you to be and really not have a reputation...But individuality means achievement which is represented by a lady (or I think a man..) that is reaching for the sky..which makes an individual a true individual. As well as setting goals and having your own dreams (which is also represented by the little graduation hat thing..sorry I forgot what they are called..=) which makes a person an individual as well as their roots and knowing who they are and where they come from, that are all represented through several images, like the church in Cuenca, Ecuador (where I was born..)and the country it self that are there to represent roots..beginnings. Individuality can also be said are talents and skills that each one of us have..represented by soccer..for me..(just like playing it..) and individuality can especially be through family..that is where the individuality starts...that is my message..In my opinion this is what individuality is for me from the experiences I have had as well as what conformity means to me...most of the points of individuality are my personal values like education, family, goals, achieving...Well I would say living in another country (for about 8 years) has been pretty much most of my influence. For example better education and opportunity this country has...I feel that individuality is being true to yourself and from there you grow as a person....

No comments:

Post a Comment