Sunday, May 17, 2009

Everything must go...Feed Final Project....

My feed contains many things as you can see in the collage (word and picture collage...). For part of my project I decided to do what would be in my feed and for the other part of the project I
decided to use words that connected to some topics such as saving the planet, individuality and
knowledge. My feed would have jewelry advertisements ( have to love jewelry) because jewelry
is one thing that I like and since the feed companies make you buy the things you want an are in a way your character/personality. I would also have food like nutritious food, maybe even fruits( yes it sound funny but I love fruits especially tangerines..go tangerines!!!) because the companies of the feed will sell anything as long as they sell it. I would also have technology advertised in my feed such as the digital cameras, phones and many other technology things (even though the feed can do things such as taking pictures an even film things, as well as capture feelings and make the viewer feel things, but my collage is in the feed of today..) Because those things I do not have (sad face..) and so the feed people would try to do anything to sell me those things and because I would want it. Of course make up, and perfumes. Especially make up because I do not really ware make up but maybe they would want me to to be like everyone one else and so try to sell me those things. As well as perfumes because I like wearing different kinds of perfume and so try to sell me different kinds of perfume...Other things that might get advertised in my feed would be purses and clothing because of course people need clothes but they would be advertising clothes that are in and so on..and so that would not be a need but a want. Which leads to the purse stuff..that is what we want not need..but still they ( the feed company) will try to sell it and brain wash you with many other advertisements. This basically says that sometimes (or maybe most of the time for some people ) advertisements influences peoples choice and tells them what to do and buy. Well basically this defines American culture as a consumerism culture and that we not only buy our needs but our wants ( mostly our wants ..and sometimes to the extreme..). Like I put a phrase on my collage that said soul and spirit which is in many ways very opposite from the themes on the novel, you basically do not own your own identity since the company feed owns your memories..This would be an example of how technology affects your own life. As well as social implications such as communication, how they communicate though their feeds and feel what other people feel when a memory is replayed and so on. This is in a way good but it has gone to the extreme to do this it is too much. It is good because technology has gone forward and maybe so technology to cure cancer but bad because the people that have the feed are stupid and do not even know they are stupid..I think it is okay to resist because that is how you can keep your own identity and set values and boundaries for yourself. I think the media affects everyone because when you turn on a T.V for most of the time you will be watching advertisements. I personally think the media affects me in many ways and I do not think I really realize how much the media consumerism and popular culture affects us and me. We just walk around and do not even realize it. I think it impacts me in many ways and sometimes impact our own believes and values and what we set to be and do. I think consumerism partly defined me as a person because I get head aches when I go to the store and see all this things that are in sale and mostly I get things I need and sometimes wants..basically consumerism and ads are part or can in many ways define your individuality. I think simply the moral of the story is that consumerism can lead to a world that is uglier than the world we know it now. One example I would say would be the leasures and how in the novel though the ads portray it as a cool thing to have. People in a way cannot be anything with out the feed because then they would not be able to get a job, like Violets dad, and would not be able to socialize and have to suffer like Violet did....Titus orders all those pants towards the end of the story because that is the way to comfort his grieve of Violet and a way to forget all about it. I think the feed interlude at the end of the book (everything must go ..") means that they are in the age of consumerism and it is no longer their needs but their wants that they buy..including their memories and who they are..and that is how they waste their identity..everything must go..who they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment